Saturday, July 24, 2010

Waukon, part 2

JB spent alot of his "spare" time in July scraping paint in the basement and the decades old picnic table, re-painting, fixing misc. stuff, putting on chair rail (yes, there really is such a thing to protect the walls from chairs!), electric issues, installing rolling drawers in a not easily accessible cupboard (I wish I had them!), cleaning carpet and many more tasks too numerous too mention.

I was able to catch this picture of "Juan" trimming the shrubs. That was one of his last duties. Maybe they will not grow much until next year, ya think? I remember this as one of those VERY hot, humid Iowa days that he really loves and never complains about!!!

Mom and dad (and I) thank him for all of the time that he put into making all of these repairs and improvements.


This is my brothers Glen and Paul's Goodyear Tire Center. Both mom and dad also work there.
Remember they are over 80. No sense to cut back on the hours yet!




This display is of my crafts in my sisters Jane and Peg's quilt shop. My stuff is rather out of place in there but I did manage to make a few bucks!


I took another picture of the shop but I did not get it downloaded before I lost the access to our laptop.
So this is a little more about Waukon, Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment