Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh, what a week!

Oh, what a week around here.

First of all, we got to Waukon on June 18th.




This is where we had Buzz parked at my sister, Marilyn, and her husbands house
on Acreage Hill.

Sunday, July 11-We picked up Beth and the boys in Zumbro Falls, MN at Greg's parents farm. On our way home, we stopped to see Jerry, Dar, and Jeremy Stephan in Plainview. They're friends that met at the RV Park in Arizona. It was good to see them, although it was a short visit.
Monday, July 12- We drove to Galena, IL to meet Jos, her mother and brother. She was home in Rockford visiting. We had lunch and then shopped in the quaint stores. Ended at the local winery for some wine tasting. It was a quick trip but good to see Jos and her family.
Tuesday, July 13- We were on the go again to see my aunt and uncle in Decorah at their country estate. I was re-acquainted with a saw and landscape oil painting that I had painted for them in the early 80's. Even if I have to say so myself, I was pretty impressed with my talent. Tuesday night we ate at Rossville, a very busy country restaurant that my sister, Jane cooks at. Deep fried shrimp is their Tuesday special and I have to say they were HUGE and very tasty. We were done eating and Mr. Dev disappeared. I went looking for him and found him outside trying to open the car door. He had walked out of the dining room, through the bar, out the back door, down the steps, across the parking lot and found the correct car. There were two people smoking on the deck so they were keeping an eye on him. He is one big challenge!
Wednesday, July 14- At 2 a.m. Dev got sick. Beth asked where Greg was, because she does not do vomit very well. (He was back home in AZ.) On top of Dev's sickness, he has accumulated several what we thought were mosquito bites all over his head and neck. They seemed to be getting worse so maybe they weren't bites. We decided to take him to the local ER, as there is no Urgent Care here. Diagnosis- black fly or mosquito bites! Wednesday was a horrible, hot, humid day. The heat index was 105 and was the highest in 5 years. Need I say more?
Thursday, July 15- We took mom to LaCrosse, WI to the Gunderson Clinic (competition to Mayo) for a cardiac stress test. JB dropped us off and he went to Freightliner to pick up an air filter for Buzz. She did not recover as expected from the test, because the result was very abnormal. We have to wait to see when they can get her into for a Cardiology consult. So back home we went. Once we got home, she threw up so now the bug got here. Dil, Logan and Beth were sick sometime yesterday or today, too. We got a call to say that mom could be seen at 10:15 tomorrow. That was a pretty fast appointment. My sister Marilyn and I stayed overnight to make sure mom was OK. (I got to sleep on the floor.) It was either the night before last or this night that it was lightning and Dev said it was a big lightning bug!

Friday, July 16- Today is my birthday....one more year till social security!!! Beth gave me a small digital camera that I can carry in my purse. Right before we were ready to leave for LaCrosse, Dev had another couple bouts of puke. Got that cleaned off of us and headed for LaCrosse. The outcome of mom's test was that she needs to have a cardiac cath to see where the blockage is. That is scheduled for Monday, the day we are to leave Iowa. Friday night we went to a local cousin's restaurant for dinner (supper). Right after we ordered, I felt the bug hitting me. Headed for the one-stall bathroom and got there just in time. There really was no warning. JB took me up to mom and dad's house, which by now we were calling the infirmary. I stayed there all night. Nice birthday!
Saturday, July 17- JB is sick now! He slept all day. Kind of a low key day around here. Went out to my sisters quilt shop and picked up all my crafts that I had displayed for sale and the items that I had purchased during our stay (that will be a separate post). JB stayed at the infirmary and I went back to Buzz to start putting stuff in their places and enjoy some peace and quiet. It was another hot, humid day that brought a huge storm during the night. Guess what? The bug has now hit my sister, Marilyn. Somehow my 82 year old dad has escaped the germs.
Sunday, July 18- Need to clean up the infirmary, wash clothes and pack up Buzz to head out tomorrow morning. The girls will call me about the results from the cardiac cath test and we will go from there.
Oh, what a week!






No comments:

Post a Comment