Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quilting and more!

Pretty much everyone knows that I am the only one in my family that does not quilt. Well, that statement now is obsolete, as I can say "that I have quilted". Don't know how much I will do but at least I did my first project.

I wanted to buy a wall hanging that my sister, Peg, had just finished sewing but was not quilted yet. Somehow I got talked into quilting it. Everyone thought that I did an excellent job on my first project and even suspected that I had been quilting on the side...in my spare time!!


Then there is more. I was at my sister's quilt shop for their monthly Thimbleberries get together. There was a Harley dude there to peddle his new found love of machine quilting. He was giving away a few cards with discounts and two free machine quiltings. I drew the last card and won a free quilting. Now, I had to buy a quilt top from my sisters so I could get it quilted FREE! What a deal. I did pick one out that they had put together and got it quilted in time for me to take home with us. Now I just have to hand stitch the binding on so it's not ready to use yet. (With the change in travel plans, I think Beth has the binding on her to-do list!)But the quilt is very nice and will go in our bedroom at home. I can now get rid of the 13 year old Target bedspread!....and maybe do a little painting and re-decorating! I'll put that on my to-do list!

(Picture added on 8-18-10. New curtains and bed skirt but no painting. I had to finish the binding, as Beth didn't get around to it.)

Then there is still more. Beth and I were going to applique some dish towels while we are on the road. Now Beth is going to do all of them by herself. The pieces are all ironed on and ready for the blanket stitch.

P.S. She did not get them done. I had one set to finish. Notice the bite out of the watermelon slice is being carried by the ant in the other towel!!

That's the update on our recent crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment