Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fire, elk and fish

Tuesday I spent the day watching these smoke plumes from a controlled burn near Forest Lakes, about 15 miles away.




This is the sun setting, not flames on the horizon!

Bad pic but as were leaving for our Thursday fishin trip this morning, I noticed 5 elk eating grass in a yard, less than a mile from our house.



So we were at Willow Springs by 7:30 this morning.

The water was like glass.






I caught this stick, which had been caught previously. The hint was all of the tangled fishing line.

Speaking of fishing line, when my BIG fish was getting unhooked, JB somehow lost his bait (cowbells and green/yellow cricket hopper). He had reeled it in. One minute it was there and the next second, his baitless fishing line was flapping in the breeze. Where the heck did it go? He suggested that a big whopper jumped up and cut the line! Yah, right! I made the smart-ass comment that maybe it was in the prop! Well, guess what? It was!!!

Oh, and "How do I get more water in that darn live well?"

Here is an eagle surveying the situation. The second I took this, he pooped and took off!


Woman-2, man-2. Mine are the two on the right. I can now admit that I have finally caught fish while trolling. There's a first time for everything.


We get home and the boat has to be parked in a new temporary place, as a load of cinders will be delivered tomorrow. The pick up just couldn't do the correct turn radius. I'll have to say the quad IS good for something!!



Tomorrow- a look at the cinders project!

No comments:

Post a Comment