Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Break 2010 begins

Fall break has begun. Beth and all of the boys came up Friday. Before they got here, JB spotted a chipmunk go into a secret hiding place on the roof.



He is going to kill that varmint! I can tell you there were several shots but no confirmation that there was one less chipper in the world!



Saturday morning.


Saturday morning in the 100 degree hot tub with the outside temp at 40!


We heard from the dining room window---"Look there is a PELICAN in the tree!" Ya, right. Well, it looked like a pelican but actually was an egret. Pretty weird!


Here's the little dish washer helper. Oh, what a mess!


Out to the forest we went to sight in some guns and get some squirrels. Logan is shooting his new gun.

Dil shooting.

JB and Logan trying out the new scope that was just installed on a gun that JB bought in the mid-60's. I think Logan just inherited an antique!


Look at this character on the right- a horned lizard- that the boys found meandering around in the forest. He got hold of Dil's finger and held on for while. Then he got placed back into the bushes for safe keeping.

Enough of this practicing. Time to hit the road to look for some squirrelies. I have no pictures, since I spent my time running after them and looking for them hiding in the trees. It took an hour to get the first one but it was ridiculous the number of shots that were fired! The end result were 2 that came home for the freezer. I wonder when we are going to have a squirrel feast!


Now onto Sunday, which was 10/10/10. A very lucky day for Tony, as he was the big winner at Fontana. Did you hear me yelling?

I wanted to have Dev lay down for quiet time during the race, since he was a little cranky. He didn't want to cooperate so I told him he was going to stay home with me when JB and the boys went out to collect some rocks to put into the new rock tumbler. I held true to my word and he didn't get to go. He really was a happy camper then. After they left, I turned the Smurfs on and a few minutes later he was out for a 2 hour nap!



A new Facebook profile picture!


A favorite place- sitting inside the coffee table with the glass broken out (a previous Dev adventure).


Ice cream tongue!


"Grammy, I pooped in my pants!" Oh, lovely!
Something I have wanted to do for several months is to teach Logan how to send us an email. The boys have their own email address so I think it's about time they start emailing us. The first email was sent to their mom....with no response back. That was pretty lame of her! It's not like she doesn't have the iPhone in her hand every minute.
The angels were in bed by 9, well after JB.
Projects for Monday--
1. Do something about alleviating the fighting over the one swing!
2. Go to park.
3. Get Logan's password so he can send emails under his name and get his contacts set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment