Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy last week of September

What a busy week!

Monday- We received a call from a MN friend at 7:30 AM saying he got an email from JB in London. and to send money. He had responded to the email and got an email back saying he was really in need of money. Gary thought it was fishy so he called us. Yep! JB's email address had been high jacked and the dude was trying to extort money. We did get several calls and emails of concern and smart ass remarks. Most thought it was just a joke and laughed it off. Turns out that I had signed JB up for Facebook a few days before, cuz I was sick of him commenting under my name. We think the hijacking came about when he was on FB looking for "friends". FB and Google do not make it easy to find out how to report such an issue but we did finally figure it out. After a couple of days, they responded and all is well now. Apparently, this is a common issue, as we have found out, but it sure is a pain in the neck. Monday I changed all of our passwords and security questions on our accounts just in case the yahoo got places he wasn't suppose to get.

Tuesday- We took the boat to Willow Springs for a little fishing action. Woman-2, Man-0. (He didn't have the yellow bug I had).

Wednesday- We drove to Fountain Hills for a funeral of one of my former employees who died of lung cancer and was only 57. Not very many Mayo people there so we were glad we went. Then we drove to Beth's and stayed overnight. Took the opportunity to do some shopping. It was good to see the boys since it had been well over a month since we'd seen them. It was still over 100 degrees. What's the deal?

Thursday- Got up and found these two lazy animals on the kitchen floor.



I walked the boys to school and then I had a little embroidery lesson. Did some more shopping and were home by early afternoon...in a much cooler climate.

Friday- Jim did a little painting and then we went squirrel hunting on the quads. I thought that was kind of weird. It worked out OK but it's a little difficult to try to run after a squirrel with a helmet and goggles on, let alone walk through the forest. We saw 5 squirrels, shot 3 times and brought 1 of those guys home.



I can't believe how smart they are. It seems they either have their escape plan ready to execute or they know where the tallest, densest pine tree is. Oh well, there will be another day...probably next week.

While we were in the forest and stopped one time, we noticed that I had missed two texts from my sister. She had sold my 3 hand embroidered panels that I had made for the girls to sell in their quilt shop. The panels get sewn into a quilt but most quilters don't bother to take the time to embroider. While I was home I had made a set for the girls so they could make the quilt and display it (then I will be the recipient of the quilt when they are sick of it). I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone would actually buy a completed set and by golly, they did. I'll probably have to make some more sets but Beth and I are signing up for 2 craft shows this fall. How am I suppose to find enough time to get all of this crafting done?

Saturday- I spent 4 hours embroidering on 2 shirts. No picture yet, because they are a surprise!!

Forecast for the coming week is rain every day and getting much cooler. Next Sunday we will pick up the boys to stay with us for their fall break. Guess fall will be in the air!! I'm sure we'll have lots to report on after that week!

No comments:

Post a Comment