Sunday, March 7, 2010

initials and quading

First of all, I have to do a little commentary about the people's initials that I will be using in my blog. I have been told that I should not use names, which will be a little difficult when I am rambling on. But here are the most common initials that you will see:

Jim- JB
Greg- GOB
Beth- BMB
Logan- LOB
Dillan- DJB
Devan- DVB
Brent- BWB
Jos- JKB

OK, now onto quading, or is it ATVing or 4 wheeling? Anyway, LOB and DJB got new quads last week. After the safety gear was purchased, they were very anxious to try out their go-mobiles. Yesterday was the day for their maiden rides. Out to the desert we went. LOB took off like he was a pro. (He did have a little previous practice on his cousins toys). But DJB really surprised us. He got all suited up (including a guardian angel pin, of which he was not too excited about). After a lesson from GOB, he rode and rode and rode... until his "hands hurt". You could see his confidence level building as time went on. It was fun to see.

Then it was time for the adults to try out these machines. Everyone was game but I was somewhat hesitant. I had ridden one--for the very first time--last summer but I certainly had never driven one and did not know the first thing about how to maneuver one. I guess if DJB could handle it, I should be able to. Such peer pressure! GOB gave me the instructions and off I went following LOB down the trail. All went well and we returned without incident. Another first for me...and it wasn't even on my bucket list!



GOB instructing me with LOB patiently waiting to take me "on a run".


JB on "pumpkin eater".

DVB pretending he is a big boy!

LOB and DJB




1 comment: